Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hanalei, Kauai

I realized there were so many pictures of our trip to Kauai, and more in the making, so I thought I would post a few. Someone asked me before we left, "what on earth are you going to do over there for 3 weeks, I would get so bored!" Well let me tell you I think I could stay here for years, we have only 1 week left and I am already sad. The kids have had lots of beach time from digging in the sand, to boogie boarding and surfing. We've seen amazing waterfalls, turtles, and whales. Cayden enjoys catching Geckos and Preston and Maddox like all the chickens that roam free here. There is no real hurry to go anywhere and we have no time frame once we get there. With that in mind here is a few photos of our time together.
Cayden catching some waves as well as Maddox and Dad below
London wants to try surfing...
We try our hand at fishing, and it is so easy here. Sorry Grandpa!



Preston fell in love with Boogie Boarding and the beach.



We found some baby chickens that were not afraid of us at all, although once my kids were through with them I think they might be smart to FEAR kids now...

This is on South Shore at the Spouting Horn, a big blow hole that the kids thought was so cool.

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Want to adopt me?!☺

How fun. I'm really glad you guys got to go. But I miss you. I hope to make it to Group Power one of these days.

In the picture of Jason and Maddox(?) on the surf board, it looks like there is a shark fin in the back of it. {shudder}

rachel said...

You're living my DREAM! Kauai for 3 weeks? Bored?? Yeah right. Obviously those people who have asked you that have NEVER been to Hawaii. Can't wait for more pics.

Anonymous said...

that is HILARIOUS that someone asked what you would do there for 3 weeks? i am so glad there are people in the world like that so there is plenty of beach left for the rest of us!!! we absolutely LOVED kauai! did u guys do a helicopter ride, or see the jurassic falls? those were both fun! but being peaceful and relaxing was also fantastic. my kids long for the day when we can take them!

Unknown said...

Your blog is so cute! This is Maranda (mauzy) Crop.
Our blog is:
www.macrop.blogspot.com &
www.themauzyclan.blogspot.com

Hope your holidays are wonderful!

Jenn said...

What fun adventures! Great way to spend the holidays!